How to Dry Stuffed Animals
After cleaning the stuffed animals, drying them is another crucial process. If not done properly, mold and dust mites (those creepy crawlies!) can multiply inside the furry fellows. So be sure to properly dry the loved ones!
- Put the furry friends in the dryer for a tumble BUT before doing so, consider the following:
- If the furry friend has delicate features (button noses, eyes, etc.), wrap a towel around the face. (e.g. if the eyes are delicate, wrap a handkerchief around the eyes as if you were blindfolding the fellow). This will prevent any scraping to the eyes when they are tumbled in the dryer.
- Put the stuffed animal in a dryer bag or a pillowcase.
- Put a dryer sheet in the bag and tie a tight knot
- Put the bag in the dryer. Put it in LOW-HEAT and every 15-20 minutes at a time. Please make sure that it is low-heat. No one wants to shrink in size. Depending on each stuffed animal’s reaction to heat, please check up it every 15-20 mins. The heat will kill the dust mites.
- After 15-20 minutes, see if the stuffed animals shrank, if not, put them back in the dryer for another 15-20 minutes.
Tell us what you think.